More Than a Teacher

    Let me tell you a conversation I had with my cousin and grandmother from years ago. My grandma, cousin, and I were casually sitting and chatting about random things that pique our interests when my grandma suddenly asked my cousin what she wishes to become in the future. She answered with "I want to become a teacher." And my grandma replied with "Teacher lang?" This made me realize that not many people recognize teachers and their fundamental role in our lives. I was too young to comprehend, but as I think about it now, it saddens me that there are people who don't appreciate their teachers as much. 

    During our early age, teachers were the one who taught us how to read, write, and count. And up until we become young adults, they still dedicate their lives into teaching us. This alone shows how being a teacher isn't something people must underestimate. They are the ones who helped build the foundation of our education. Moreover, they nurture our minds, help improve our values, and expand our knowledge. Through their creative methods of teaching, many students are being encouraged to bring out their highest potentials. 

    Furthermore, teachers' impact in our lives aren't only limited inside the four walls of the classroom. Teachers have given us life lessons we are to bring with us on our next quests. They have, at times, became safe places for us, students, to express ourselves and to reveal our true selves. And these lessons are what prepare us for our voyage on our way to the top of the mountain. Teachers aren't just teachers. Teachers are one of the main people, aside from our parents, who have helped us and are continuously helping us grow as a person. 

    Therefore, we must not say "Teacher lang." Teachers are more than just their jobs. They are our guide to light the path of knowledge, mentors who shape us into the best versions of ourselves, and victors who furnish us for a bright future. It is our duty to honor their roles in our lives. Their dedication, passion, and unending support to our education will remain in our minds and hearts. Our appreciation to teachers cannot be overstated. So, we must continue to appreciate our dear teachers as a way to show gratitude for the efforts and sacrifices they have made for us. 


REFERENCE:

Blogger

        http://www.blogger.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts